7.24.2005

7X is the charm

Congratulations to Lance Armstrong! He took his 7th (in a row!) Tour De France today. I am not really a cycling fan per se, but I do keep up with the Tour De France and appreciate Lance Armstrong and the fact that he came back from cancer to continue his dominance in the sport. Plus, the LIVESTRONG bracelets started an explosion in those fashion accessories that you can find everywhere from non-profits to pro sports teams. I think dominant athletes like Lance come along once a generation. I am glad that I was able to witness his dominance. The other thing that I appreciate about him is the fact that he remained so level-headed and focused when so many people tried to say he was doping. He is probably THE most tested athlete in the world and has never tested positive for any banned substances. Today his critics probably have more reasons to scrutinize him, but the victory is probably that much sweeter for him. The good guys like Lance unfortunately don't get as much pub as "Baroid" Bonds, but such is the world of sports reporting.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you AND Caleb have issues with the MEdia. They are all indiviuals ("me") looking for their day ("dia").

Josue' said...

word...something like that.

phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

I liked Armstrong when he came back from outerspace. Wait a minute... that was another guy.

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » »