7.27.2005

Pinch him, I think he's dreamin'.

Well, well, well....He will finally have his dream job now. CongratuFRIGGINlations!Don't get me wrong, I have serious respect for Larry Brown in terms of his record and how he swoops in to fix NBA teams and puts them on the map, but the guy really annoyed me by taking the Knickerbockers job after swearing that he would only be coaching the Pistons as his final coaching job of his amazing career. I really thought he was going to take a year off and end up in the front office somewhere of an NBA team, but then again, a contract for 5yrs worth 50-60million could easily persude anyone to forget what they said in regards to accepting another job. I wonder how that conversation went at the Brown house.

LB: Do you guys think I should accept the Knicks job?
Family: How much will they pay you?
LB: 50-60mil.
Family: When's the next flight to NYC?

I appreciate the fact that LB took the Pistons over the hump and got that title in 2004, but maybe I am slightly bitter....just maybe.

Good luck working with Zeke LB...He is THE worst GM in the Association....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least New York doesn't have an inept 2 headed monster running the show. Naw, my city has that on lock.

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it
» » »