8.29.2005

Diddy in the mix again....

On the heels of the recent MTV Video Music awards, I was reading up on the situation that occurred with the white hot feud between Fat Joe and the Terror Squad and 50cent and G-Unit...Wow. If you did not see the VMAs, you should try to catch one of the 1000 replays they will have on MTV. Anyway, I have no intentions on reseting that situation. What I do want to comment on is that Sean Combs, aka, Puffy, Puff Daddy and now......drum roll..... DIDDY has recently joined mogul empires for a joint venture with Emilio Estefan to capitalize on the growing popularity of the Latin hip-hop market. More specifically, the emergence of the Reggaeton genre. For those of you not in the know, Reggaeton is a fusion of salsa, reggae and rap. It floods the radio airways in US urban markets such as Los Angeles, New York and Miami and is a fixture in the airways in Puerto Rico. Believe me, when I have a conversation with my 60-something great aunt who has been staying with my mom for the past few weeks and she mentions that she does not like Reggaeton becaus the kids are always blasting it too loud in Puerto Rico, but does like Daddy Yankee because she feels that he is good for Puerto Rico, I would say that is a force (economic and social) in society that someone was going to capitalize on sooner or later. Leave it up to Diddy to make himself more money and put Reggaeton on a bigger stage....

16 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Josue' said...

Sheesh...Spam bots just killed this post!!! I know how to remedy this....sorry everyone, but I have to turn the word verificiation on....this ish is getting too crazy...

shqipo said...

LOL!!!!!

Josue' said...

Hey,
That's not funny! I thought....Wow, my site just caught the critical mass and my dreams were dashed by some idiot spammers!!! :(

shqipo said...

You should've implemented the word verification a week ago when I showed it to you.

BTW, I've updated my blog. ;-)

Josue' said...

I know, I know....It would not be the first time I did not listen to an Albo...LOL!

shqipo said...

I hope u r learning ur lessons - the hard way ;)

Anonymous said...

The Albo way is the only way :D

P.S. Go into more detail about that situation. LOL, I couldnt believe that they played "F*** fat Joe! P$$Y boy!" On tv. lol, the editors completely F'ed up. Comment more on the aftermath of that, man that was crazy :D

shqipo said...

U got that right dub-d! :) U c Josue', even your coz who doesn't know any Albo is starting to realize the truth! and the truth shall set u free! :)

BTW, should't the title of this be "Diddy in da mix again?"

Josue' said...

Yo, is that how that talk on the mean streets of Tirana? ;)

shqipo said...

Fo shizzle!

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY!
meridia mazindol zoloft effectiveness and side effects bull energy red supplement call centers 1990 cadillac coupe deville online payment what to look for in a vitimen liver cancer stages aarp ins life chevrolet silverado ground effects best unlocked world cellphones men's divorce toronto ontario statute limitations old debts earn extra money from home loan durasoft three optifit toric contact lens