8.02.2005

Shuffle Killer? Rrrrrrrrrright....

As many of you may know....well, if you don't know, now you know...I am a fan of Apple. I have been a fan for many years, but never bought one because I had to get away from the cattle mentality that Bill Gates created for PC users. Please don't misunderstand this post. I am in no way a "mac zealot", but I certainly appreciate the design qualities of their products and the great FREE progs that come standards. I have an almost four year old ibook that is still going strong. I also have a mac mini that is like a hobby machine...very cool. So...now that that's out of the way, let's talk about my disdain for all the so called "ipod-killers" on the market...I understand immitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but some of the attempts by companies (the Korean ones really crack me up)to dethrown the reign of the ipod are just laughable. My intent is not to discuss the hard drive based ipod; my goal today is to mention the ipod shuffle. I was (and still am) a fan of this product. The Shuffle came out several months ago and I bought one pretty quick soon after all the initial hype and backorders died down. It was absolutely worth the wait and the cash. It is remarkable how good this little device sounds. I am not afraid to say that it sounds just as good if not better than the hard drive-based ipod. It's crazy, but true.

Ok....so, I am scanning the web for some technology news and I come across the following company: mobiBLU. I did some more searching and found out that you can actually get this thing at Walmart. I was surprised this cube comes in 512MB and 1G flavors. Interesting. Shuffle killer? No way! New wrinkle in the flooded flash memory MP3 player market? Yes. I am considering the fact that I might go to Walmart and actually take a look at this thing. It is going to be nearly impossible to unseat the Shuffle in my mind, but I am open to a new gadget....Maybe.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Headphones have everything to do with the quality of the sound. If you're still using those P.O.S. phones that came with your IPOD Shuffle, shame on you! Look into a new set of headphones. Bose makes an excellent pair of cans. However, the best matchup, IMO, is a pair by Shure. Although the price is about the same as an IPod, The quality of the sound will make it seem like an all-new device, and blow your mind in the process. Check em out at http://reviews.cnet.com/Shure_E4c/4505-6468_7-31429517.html
If I had money, I'd get 'em.

shqipo said...

I agree with dub-d. And I still think it's all hype.

Josue' said...

I am no fan of the Shure IN EAR-style phones. Too invasive on my tympanic..LOL..Bose are ok, but overrated for the cash you have to drop on them..You see so many different styles to coexist with the differences in the human ear. The apple ear buds are not that bad. I have heard much worse. For stock ear buds, they are decent. I actually did my research and got some from Koss. An American company, you ask? Yes. I was shocked. They were cheap also and sound GREAT. Peep the link: http://www.koss.com/koss/kossweb.nsf/04ProductDetailCall?ReadForm&Portable+Stereophones^KSC75 .I read reviews from several different sites and I am happy with the set. I also got some fold up ones from Sony to use that are supposedly made for when you work out...average phones at best, again, they were cheap so it was no big deal....

shqipo said...

Dat thing is da bomb! i like that playa

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it!
» » »

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. Arizona alpine walnut bookcase diagram merchant processing account zocor weight gain 2002 pontiac firebird accesories celexa Blackberry case Best buy ionamin online information Free mature anal thumbnails electric chair manufacturer radar detectors Contact lenses diagram Chesp fioricet medication pmline phentermibe tramadol How do i reset 997 porsche maintenance light http://www.life-assurance-quote-in-scotland.info erotic lingerie vegas hotels Accutane centre juvenile justice legal