10.23.2005

Down for the count for the last 3 days...

Oh man. We ordered some landscape stones to put around one side of our house and into the back part of the house and along an area where we have some shorter shrubs and trees. Artic Rainbow is the name of the these stones and they are REAL stones...not some junk chips that erode before your eyes in a year; there is some light purple quartz, lighter tones and some white in the mix. Looks pretty decent. When I say "some" landscape stones, I mean 5 yards worth. If that means nothing to you I suggest you have a conversation with my vertebral column and most attached muscle fibers. The soreness is really only in the first hour or two from when I get up in the morning, but man, if this is what it feels like to be an old man, it pretty much sucks....After that first hour or two though, I feel fine. I suppose filling a wheel barrel over 70X (could be more, but I lost track of counting) and carrying it to the backyard and emptying it may have had something to do with that. I did all the human mule work and Libera did the fine tune work (digging for the landscape border, laying down the landscape paper to prevent eventual weeds/grass from sprouting through the rocks and leveling out the rocks once I would dump them in a particular area). The efforts were worth it though since the areas with the rocks look more finished and have just been elevated to low-maintenance status and that is really a good situation. I would rather deal with low/no maintenance then have to deal with BS in many areas of landscaping. I would have taken pics, but my brother in-law has my digicam this week.

2 comments:

shqipo said...

I am looking forward to seeing it. But I can't say I feel bad for you though, you refused my help so... :P

Josue' said...

haha. true that. sometimes a knight must slay his own dragon and feel like a 90yo man after the fact.... ;p