11.30.2005

I probably just need a timeout....



So, I was going into work a little bit later today and I decided to hit the fruit market to grab some fresh fruit, vegetables and few other things. I'm thinking (since we normally don't go to the store early in the day) that it should be a quick trip in and out and then back home so I can get ready to drive to work. Anyway, was I wrong! Man, it must have been some sort of unpublicized senior citizen holiday this morning! Geez. From the parking lot to most aisles in the store, I had to dodge, weave and wait for these blue hairs. Oh my!! It's always that situation (probably just perception) of feeling that delays occur when you are in a hurry. Annoying!! And, of course, I never want to be a jerk and make these older people think I am some young punk, so I smile (although I am screaming inside) and patiently wait for them to walk in front of me or wait as they block an aisle for several minutes and never grab anything....Oh well, I just hope I don't act that way when I reach that age....

5 comments:

phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

I'm glad you're honest about it. I find myself weaving around the crowds that block the aisle. It seems more people in our country are inconsiderate. I wonder if they do it on purpose or if it is natural... as in, nobody taught them how to care about others in this society of narcissism regardless of age. Myabe I'll understand more when I'm an old crow.

phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

Maybe... :)

Josue' said...

word...like i said, it does concern me to have older people think i am jerk since i do respect my elders...in the meantime, i will just be a jerk inside and scream (inside)... :)

shqipo said...

Why do I have this feeling you'll be worse when you get at their age?

Anonymous said...

Hey kids, keep that racket down!!