11.14.2005

Photshop Critique

So....as I mentioned in an earlier post regarding the tough choice of buying a dslr cam, I have been teaching myself photoshop and it has turned into quite an obsession...actually more of a compulsion...in reality, an obsessive compulsion...ok, I'll be honest...I just wanted to weave obsessive compulsion into a post...Anyway....

Below you can see some of my work. Click to view more detail. The first photo below is the original. Fergie is the subject and a fabulous one at that. Any comments on a particular effect will greatly be appreciated.

Below is an edit to the original where I smoothed out the "shine" on her forehead and nose and brightened up the gold on her "dress". OK, it's a toga, but who cares. ;)

Below, she has entered the matrix. Pretty decent effect, I think. Changing the colors could be interesting.

Below, she enjoys a black & white situation.

Below, she has been the victim of a Vibrant Overlay for an interesting effect.

Below, she has been transformed to a comic character of some sort.

Below, she's is a sketch.


Ok, that is just a sample. Again, any thoughts would really help me out....That's all for now.