6.24.2006

Let there be light.....


I am in the market for a new desk lamp. This should be a simple purchase, but I am not in search of just function. I require style in this purchase. I like to think of myself as a frugal (ok. who am i kidding? i'm cheap) guy, but certain purchases require me to step up my game and consider paying a bit more for durability, longevity and style. Examples of items I HARDLY ever go cheap on would be dress shoes, cutlery, cookware, sneakers, wallets and boxer briefs. I know...it's somewhat of a random list, but it's true. I've learned my lesson by knowing people who have tried to save cash and end up spending more by not paying more in the first place. Also, I have been guilty of this IN THE PAST, but I don't need to go through it again as a reminder. One and done. Anyway, back to desk lamp. I just want something stylish with a small footprint on one corner of my desk. Since they recently opened an IKEA that is not too far from us, I need to get over there and get this purchase over with. I have dozens of sites saved and have been to several office/department/furniture/etc stores, but it's hard to satisfy my mind's eye sometimes and my price point is one that I don't want to exceed. The IKEA has been jammed since it opened and I know how some people can be quite vicious when it comes to a new store opening up. I can wait, but not for much longer......

6 comments:

shqipo said...

Go to IKEA :P

you've been wasting all that gas ($$) looking for a table lamp.

Josue' said...

I know, i know...IF we are near a store, I go, but I don't make a special trip for a stupid lamp...

Anonymous said...

go with the fishnet stocking lamp. "you'll shoot yer eye out"

The D said...

Umm...Why dont you just look "online"?
Most stores have websites, you know?

Ikea....may I never shop there. You are not your swedish funiture!

Josue' said...

D,
I know what you are saying and like I said, I have dozens of sites to reference, but either the price is too high or I am not crazy about what I am seeing....I get the whole "online" thing... :p

shqipo said...

We wuz lookin' on them internets and it's crazy