9.06.2006

Who works on Labor Day?


Me. This pic really does not do the reality of which I created for myself any justice at all. There are 15 lawn/refuse bags in that pic. In a block of several (more than 3, but less than 5) hours, I pulled up all the monster flowers on one side of the house, cleaned up about 90% of the garden and cut the grass 2X since I had to drop the mower one notch to begin getting my lawn ready for the winter.

I hope many of you were able to actually not labor on the US Labor Day.

6 comments:

shqipo said...

Did you pull out all that mint?

phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

I thought those were bags of manure... or as Oklahomans would call them, "manure sacks."

Josue' said...

The mint IS gone. I plan to put some in rectangular pots next spring to keep it much more localized and controlled because it was spreading like crazy in my flowers and if left untreated acts like that lifelong rash and just never really goes away....

The D said...

you mean republicans?

shqipo said...

Damn it! so... no more mojito? :((

Josue' said...

Mojitos shall not suffer. I have neighbors who have mint. Never fear....