10.16.2006

The land of Hugo Chavez produces great beisbol players...

Who said Maggs was overpaid?!

The Venezulano was clutch!

The brooms were out in full force over the weekend..


Well, well, well...The unthinkable has occurred in the world of US sport. My Detroit Tigers swept the mighty not really Oakland Athletics and are on their way to the World Series. Anyone inluding myself who thought this would be the destiny for this team in 2006 is crazy or on some interesting chemical influences. The best I was hoping for was just above 500 for the year. Man, was I wrong, but man, am I super-happy about the team this year. I was nervous when they choked out the end of the season to the Royals and did not secure the Central Division title, but I'll trade that in for a World Series victory appearance any day.

Contrary to popular just El Oso belief, I have been down with the Tigers since the days of Magnum P.I. in the 1980s when I was a wee lad playing T-ball and then to Little League...

The NLCS is tied right now and I am pulling for the Mets to win ONLY because I would love for the Tigers to KO another squad from the NY. That would be excellent.

Dave, it looks as though you should be pulling for the Mets also since they have the most Ricans on their team amongst the active teams at this time. Even though he's not a Boricua, I love to watch Julio Franco play. Man, that guy is a friggin dinosaur at 48years old. Amazing! Of course, if they do play the Tigers, I expect our pitching to remind him that he should have retired long ago. :p

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pssst...here is a secret. If you recall, before the Chicago Red Sox won the superbowl, El Oso used to be a baltimore oreos fan.

But you didnt hear that from me.

Josue' said...

Wow. The Chicago (not Beantown, right?) Red Sox play in the NFL and not the MLB? Uh....ok.

You don't pay attention to sports anon...Beat it!