11.01.2006

The art of penmanship..

..is one "skill" I lack COMPLETELY. I wonder where I would be if I did not have a keyboard in my life the last 10-12 years. Sheesh...I was reminded of my cruel reality recently at work where I decided to write up something only about the total length of one page. Man, it was a mess and even a 5year old would have laughed. I felt like a complete amateur. I keep looking for words to show me a red, squiggly line underneath when I was sure that the word was misspelled...Microsoft owns my mind as far as word processing goes; we all know that OSX is the best OS out right now! You see, I seldom write on paper. Even in undergrad and grad school and the sporadic class/training I take these days is a chore when I don't bring a laptop to class and actually write using a pen or pencil. The funny thing is that I am not crazy about taking notes on my laptop. They just don't feel like they sink in as well as written notes do, but then my notes are a train wreck...Technology has spoiled me. I don't mind because my job rarely involves situations where I am actually forced to write on paper. It's primarily the use of a keyboard in the form of emails, reports or other respective memos. That works fine with me.

If I ever get a job with the absence of technology, I might starve. :p

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah the keyboard is a spoiler

The D said...

Truer words were never spoken. I too have caught myself looking at my written words and wishing the paper would just tell me what I have done wrong. Hell, the same is with math. Equations that I used to do in my head are now entered into my phone calc or an excell page. Damn, there was this Historical leader who was against written word. He said that all it would do was make people lazy and stop using their mind. I wish I xould remember who that was...
Dave, you know?

shqipo said...

I can be a witness to your hand-writing :P

BUT...if I had the chance to write on her back, I'm sure my handwriting would be quite bad...