12.11.2006

Stupid Toys & RUNAWAY

So, on one of my recent travels on the Information Super Highway, I spot one of 2006's featured Christmas toys for the tots out there. I'm not sure if your mind works like mine in that there can be certain triggers (a sight, sound, smell, taste, or phrase) that immediately triggers memories. When I saw this toy, I began to think about the cinematic greatness that was one of the best and by best, I mean worst 80's sci-fi films ever--RUNAWAY. Tom Selleck & Gene Simmons on screen is a dream come true for any self-respecting sci-fi fan!I went to school for and I work in IT and this movie captures the essence of programming like no other film shown to the civilized world. How genius are programmed robots that kill? Deep. I know. Simmons is so evil. Selleck is so frustrated.
The 80's 'stache of Selleck was the great equalizer and made many women's knees quiver....so, I'm told. I never had a 'stache in the 80's....I don't even think I had hair on my legs in the 80's. When this film came out, I was 8. The only reason I happen to see it was either I snuck into the room when my parents were away and switched on HBO or my dad rented the VHS tape and somehow I was able to peep the film; I don't recall my exact method. Either way, you should see this film to see when Hollywood made great and ultra-predictablefilms on a shoe string budget.

In addition to Malta India, Pasta de Guayaba and the One to Grow On PSAs, RUNAWAY made me the man who I am today...........

3 comments:

The D said...

Wow...I love that freaking movie!! Where else are you going to see heat seeking bullets? They can chase you around corners(Even though they have just a rear solid propulsion system).

My mother used to have a shrine to Tom Selleck in the laundry room.

I miss the 80's. I think Dave had a mustache in the 80's.

Josue' said...

Excellent reset on those heat seeking bullets. LOL!

I'm sure Selleck had more panties than Tom Jones back in the day..LOL!

I want a picture of Dave with that pron director ;stache...LOL!

shqipo said...

u worry me... i think you were held toooo much as a child