2.21.2007

The Miracle of Birth...

I'm sure you may have heard about this story.

Amillia Taylor was born as the world's youngest surviving premature baby. Amillia was born at a Miami hospital after less than 22 weeks of development. Since then she's been incubating and is expected to go home soon.

Those tiny translucent feet are amazing. Hold your own hand out in front of you, and imagine those feet poking through your fingers. She was 10 OUNCES when born (280 grams), and 9.5 inches (240 cm). That's just longer than the length of your hand.

I think the science behind keeping this baby alive and soon to go home is amazing.

Oh, and the picture below is a peek into the labyrinth that is my mind in that sometimes I do a picture association with certain images....

6 comments:

phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

Gummi feet is exactly what I was thinking UNTIL I read the post. Don't people abort babies at 22 weeks ?

Anonymous said...

i think i've seen feti (multiple fetuses?) farther along when aborted.

shqipo said...

maybe you should've become a nanny...

Josue' said...

Now that you mention it...I do play a "Manny" on the rare times that L lets me drive the family car....

shqipo said...

ooo, I see. no wonder you sh!t your panties when a MAN drives a car then. i don't blame u, u r used to L driving :p

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site josuesaidwhat.blogspot.com
Is this possible?