3.15.2007

Free Coffee Day @Starbucks


Well, well....today was Starbucks Coffee Break Day and for the uninitiated or those too lazy to click the link, that means they gave a free (that is FREE) 12oz coffee to anyone who asked between 10am and 12pm. A coworker was out in the vicinity of a Starbucks and I asked her to stop and grab me a cup if the line was not too long or if it were no trouble. Well, she did and all I can tell you is I have NO IDEA how people can live on coffee all day. I don't drink coffee at work...EVER. #1 I just don't require it to wake me up. #2 Maxwell House is not even coffee to me. #3 Unless I brew it right then and there and begin to sip, the taste is sub par at best. So, anyway, she brings me this coffee. I'm thinking to myself, "Self, how is it that a 12 oz seems like such a small cup when I see other people on a daily basis bring in Starbucks, Panera, Coffee Beanery, 7-11, Dunkin Doughnuts, etc. in cups or mugs 3X as large as what I had. Man, are these people sick? And, I was just drinking a pretty benign Breakfast Blend of Starbucks. These other people rock several espresso shots and other hardcore creations. Amazing.

Honestly, if I was able to get Starbucks free everyday, I would take a sip or two and toss the rest. I only go there if I have a gift card or someone decides they want to make a run and feels like paying. I think the company is the definition of hypocrisy, but that's another post. I sipped about 3oz of that free coffee today and it found it's home in my trash can.....

10 comments:

shqipo said...

uhm yeah. thanks for telling me! I have these feelings those eggs I'm buying for you will be cracked... .

about your question: I don't know how they drink those gallon jugs either. but don't think those huge ones from Starbucks are 4 shots of espresso or something, most of it is milk, foam, or whatever.

Anonymous said...

its kinda the same thing with soda. thank god i dont like coffee.

phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

We'll send you a Starbux gift card in the mail with some "buy 3 cups of coffee, get 1 free" coupons

Josue' said...

@shqipo,
right place right time...how many times must i tell you that...crack my eggs and i break yours.. :p

@dub,
word on soda. absolute waistline killer and teeth rotting-agent ..

@phun,
i agree on sending ME a $tarbux card or we can just pool our cash together and get dub addicted to some java... :p

Dave said...

I don't drink coffee, but I love the smell of those beans. Caffeine is good, though. Check out this guy's opinon of Starbucks. Funny as hell.

NSFW. Adult Language.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccL1-YHAvL0

The D said...

It is a crime to waste coffee.

On that note, I have forgotten how much I enjoy coffee because I had not had a cup in several weeks. While at Culebra I discovered that the "Stove Top Espresso Maker" is currently my favorite way to make coffee.

I love those little things. Add some warm milk and you are good to go!

Josue' said...

Dave,
That vid is excellent. I saw that a few months ago. The guy is absolutely correct. LOL!


D,
I have been using those stove top espresso (that is what they are..as opposed to just coffee) makers for years. I prefer stainless steel over Aluminum. They have one that you can actually make a latte with:
http://www.bialettishop.com
/MukkaMain.htm

I usually just froth the milk with an aerolatte...

The D said...

I don't know how I feel about an electric base.

Oh and this as well. To your teeth rotting-agent comment.

http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/tooth.asp

Ahh..I love snopes.

Anonymous said...

ITS THE KID FROM BROOKLYN! (80 yrs old)

phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

I'm happy with Cafe Bustelo