7.01.2007

Old Timers?

Here we go again with another account of the things I hear and I just don't know how my luck is such that it happens so frequently to me. So, we were downtown recetly and I brought my camera and was shooting and took a quick break to switch out lenses and I overheard a conversation that this young girl was having with her friend. "bla-bla-bla and my grandmother has Old Timers....." My ears perked up and I thought to myself, "Self, you did not just hear what you thought you heard, right?" Indeed. As the conversation went on and examples of impaired memory and dementia came to light.....So, I had to restrain myself from calmly walking over to her and yelling: "OLD TIMERS means nothing!! It's ALZHEIMER'S you idiot!!" I just hate how some people say things without thinking. Here are a few more examples of american english phrases that drive me crazy, "Alls I'm saying...." and "Me, personally......"

1 comment:

The D said...

Frankie Says Relax.

As Residente says, "Hay un chorro de mamones"