8.17.2007

Kanye To The....

Here is the wackest image on a Friday of your boy, Kanye West.

I've been a fan since back in 2004 when College Dropout debuted. Love him or hate him, the guy makes a statement;lyrically he is pretty unique and a top 5 MC easily. He's #8 on the 2007 Forbes list for hip-hop artists and a fashion icon.

I don't care about the guy's political beliefs and probably would not rock 50% of what he wears, but he has talent and space in my iTunes library indeed.

Peep the vid of his soon to be released album with another fav of mine, Daft Punk.

4 comments:

The D said...

I think he butchered that Daft Punk song. Like his earlier stuff, he sort of lost it on his Late Registration.

Josue' said...

He lost it? I doubt it. Records sales and Forbes must be wrong then? :p

I like the challenge he's been offered by 50 though. Whoever sells the most records on 9/11 will be the one to snag the #1 spot from Jay-Z....50 will win.

As with most of his stuff, I think his intent is to expose fans to non-traditional (to their tastes) samples and lace them with his lyrics and just create something different.

The D said...

Yeah well, record sales don't count for much in my book. Just look at Liberace or the Beatles.

I don't know, it was sort of a sophomore slump. Not as good as his first album. It seemed rushed and not thought out well enough. I like every song off of College Dropout, not the same with L.R.

Josue' said...

Ok, point taken.