10.17.2007

Reason 2,478 why I like APPLE

Today, Steve Jobs mentioned that the iPhone will be open to developers. Is that big news, you ask? H-U-G-E NEWS indeed! It was the right thing to do. It was somewhat of a change in direction by Apple based on a recent update that basically "bricked" people's phones who unlocked them for other carriers since AT&T is the primary carrier at the moment for service. In the microwave society we exist in, not allowing people to use your technology for purposes outside of your simple intentions is very bad. It may please shareholders, but you alienate your consumer. Alienation is bad. This will do nothing but move more iPhones for Apple and REALLY cause Motorola, Nokia and Sony to step up their game in terms of hardware and cause rewriting of lots-o-business plans out there.

I saw another report that has Apple #3 in terms of market share behind Dell and HP for Q3; that is a sidenote because this post is more about one hardware component that Apple has put out.

I expect hundreds of apps to be built within the next few weeks.

I'm waiting for 1-2more price drops before I actually get one, but I can see an eventual purchase of the iPod Touch although I would have to get more apps on it because I don't necessarily care about absolutely getting an iPhone and it being an all-in-one super device for me. I am just not a big fan of all-in-one devices as a whole. We'll see what happens, but Apple continues to innovate and get more people to pay attention.

5 comments:

phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

I think it is overpriced. Usually that is the norm for a new product.

Anonymous said...

I love their interconnectivity and clean, intelligently designed hardware; and I aint talking about the flying spaghetti monster either.

phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

you can't talk about intelligent design... I know the D isn't going to like it

*chuckle*

Josue' said...

LOL!

Leave your granola-head primo alone. :p

I'm sure he's at a Hillary rally w/all the other patchouli-scented donkeys....

The D said...

haha. Don't get me started. However, an iPhone is a wonderful thing. Play with one for a while and you will curse Steve Jobs for making things that you want. It is like a phone from the future...here!

And you are incorrect that I would blindly support Hillary. While I can guess that you are all for Mitt Romeny! Oh, and I didn't know that you supported ID taught in public schools. Kind of disappointing there, Primo. Do you also believe the Earth is the center of our solar system? HA!