6.29.2008

A Race I Plan to Run....

My goal is to compete in a 10K race on Thanksgiving morning. Some people at work were discussing this and asked me if I wanted to get in on it. Of course, none of us are competitive runners, but like to stay in shape and a 10K is not an impossible distance for the average weekend warrior although I am truly far from a distance runner. I could bike 10K in my sleep, but running it will be a decent challenge that I am beginning preparations for now. My issue is that I am pretty comfortable on my treadmill, but will incorporate more outside running now that summer is in full effect. My coworkers want everyone to keep pace until the last 1/2 mile and then OUR RACE will begin. I'm ok with that idea and obviously I would like to win since I will gladly brag and remind them who their daddy is. :p

We'll see what happens, but I am always down for some friendly competition.

2 comments:

phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

If you buy a ship I'll be your 1st mate

Anonymous said...

i might take that challenge on later in life.