8.15.2005

Screw you, Pepe Le Pew!


This is one for the ages. Well, it did not escalate to the point of no return....yet. I was outside cutting the grass tonight (I say 'tonight' because the days are getting shorter and night comes sooner.. :( ) and was finishing up when I was outside talking with Libera and she looks over my shoulder into my neighbors yard and says, "Look, it's that skunk!" Of course, I did what one should never (I mean NEVER) do when a skunk is in the vicinity......I made a very quick movement since we were in the back of the house near our sliding door. I grabbed Libera's shoulder to move her towards the door and out of the way of that potential blast of odor....She said, "Don't move like that or that thing is going to spray us." Well, I regained my faculties and realized she was right. The animal was really docile. Seriously, it was just like a ferret waddling along the side of my neighbor’s house. I watched it was trepidation thinking it would be on to me and turn around and inflict its smelly wrath upon me. Well, it didn't. I still needed to ensure that it was not going to make a return run back to my area since I still needed to put the lawnmower away. Plus, one of our cars was outside of the garage and it needed to get back in so that we could close the door or that Frenchy was about to reek havoc on both of our cars and bring the pain inside the garage...Again, I was like a trained sniper peering around the corner from the back of the house watching this thing head towards the street. Then I'm thinking to myself, "Oh no, how about if one of the many children on our street rides their bike toward this thing?" It has one of three options: #1-Spray them or #2-Come back without me knowing it and I get sprayed or #3-Walk past me and act like I don't exist. With my luck, #3 would never happen. As I mentioned above, it was getting dark fast. When Pepe made the left towards the front part of my neighbors garage, I rocked a West Side Story dash along the side of our house to the front ready to shield my eyes (they can spray 15ft) and pivot and run to the backyard if Le Pew was about to raise up on me. He was no where to be found. I called Libera to come out and park the car. I walked to the street and went to the other side of my neighbor’s house. The funny thing was I had metal rake in my hand because I was raking some dirt around the garden and some other areas in the backyard. Fortunately, my other neighbors were not outside thinking I was going to put that rake upside someone’s cranium. Anyway, I noticed that the coast was clear and went back to the driveway and you would not believe it, but the skunk started to cross the street. It was about 30ft away from me. "Sheesh, I thought." Libera parked the car and I told her to hurry up and check out the skunk from where I was standing at. It walked to a neighbor’s house across the street. It paused as if it were going to come back to our house, but did the right thing for everyone's sake and disappeared into the night.....Whew!!! We have smelled this skunk before, but it has been a few months since we have seen it. Normally it just sits in my neighbor’s backyard and then moves away. I hope it's not pregnant....Oh man, I need to find out how to score some skunk birth control. I don't know if that will be enough to stop a love-starved Pepe Le Pew though..... :( Whatever, crisis averted this time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you made it through this time. But think about how much better a story it would've been if someone got blasted. I would've dropped homeboy into the strange Albanian's yard. O well, good job.

shqipo said...

Yeah, I agree with dub-d, it would've been a much better story if someone got blasted - but... u got something with Albos dub-d? ;-)

On the serious side, we wouldn't want anything like this to happen to the Diaz's.

It's all about you isn't it Josue'? You were much more worried about you than those poor kids. Sheesh!

Anonymous said...

:D

Josue' said...

ok shqipo. it's not that i was more concerned about me and mines, it's just that i was more concerned about me and mines... ;)

UPDATE YOUR BLOG!!!