11.22.2005

Endless XBOX 360 lines and Black Friday....


People can be really ugly during this time of the year. Unbelievable! I have been reading stories about these morons fighting in lines last night (and early this morning) trying to get the new XBOX 360. I am amazed at humans sometimes in that they can basically trample over someone for a stupid gaming system that will bring them temporary gratification until the next iteration presents itself. Do I like playing console games? Of course! But, you won't catch me standing in a line for that thing longer than I would stand in a line to pay for some food at the fruit market. Sheesh! This chick (ok, woman!) at my work was telling me how her husband conned her into going to BestBuy to stand in line at 9pm for that stupid 360. You have got to be kidding me. Sounds like love to me. LOL! Could you count on these moronic people to stand behind a counter to feed some people in a homeless shelter or church for the half the time they stood in line for their stupid tech toy? I really doubt it, but it's all about what's important to you........which is the perfect segway into what goes down in the next three days---drum roll, please--- BLACK FRIDAY. After stuffing their faces, people gear up to prove there IS NO RECESSION or economic downturn in this country by maxing out credit cards to keep up with their neighbors and prove they really "care" about their family and friends by gratuitous spending of money they will bit*h about not having for the next 4mos. Amazing! Once again, as in my previous post, this country is wayyyyy tooo spoiled. Have I ever gone out on Black Friday? Yes, but I am talking one store, for one thing, no more than 2hrs (max!). I have rolled up on places where the line was wrapped around the place....I keep driving. It's not worth the let down of getting to the aisle and it being ravaged and the item being gone. NOT THAT SERIOUS! The other thing that is curious to me is where did the name "BLACK" Friday come into play? Rev. Al Sharpton, where you at! ;p

Ok, I could not resist my google fix...BLACK FRIDAY = "the day retailer balance sheets move out of the red and into the black -- is an important indicator of what's to come." And there you have it.

11 comments:

phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

I thought it was ridiculous... at Wal-Mart, while my wife and I were using our food stamps to get food, there was a very large line before midnight last night, waiting for the X-Box 360... if you really want something like that, order it online !!!

shqipo said...

Hey, don't #@$&* with 360! :P

phunandgab - u couldn't order it online, all stores got a very small number (less than 20) of consoles.

Josue' said...

the funny thing is that in a few months, people will be asking, "what's next? XBOX, what? where's the PS3?"

The D said...

Yo, that thing is great, better then the ps3. Do some research Caleb. If you got your hands on one for only 400$ you could be selling it on ebay for almost 2 grand. Amazing!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to be raped for 12 hours in public on friday. raped.

phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

I never insulted the 360. Waiting in line is what is ridiculous. Tell me something I don't know, shqipo AND the d, I already have known about 360 for a long time. Maybe I should've elaborated... order it online like only when you could have pre-ordered, many months prior. I play video games too. There are plenty of places you could've pre-ordered. I wait for ps3. :)

Josue' said...

yo d,
in terms of using the 360 as a profit machine, i have no issue with that because I'll stand in a 10hr line for some decent profit, but these booger-eaters who live in their mom's basement are the ones that crack me up as well as these stay-at-home moms who have to make sure their spoiled son(s) have the latest toy....

shqipo said...

Guys, I was joking about 360 - it's the name of my company!

phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

Spoiled son(s) and booger eaters.... hahaha... the same kids that tell their mother to shut up and they get their child(ren) whatever they want.

Anonymous said...

"is that the game you want son?" "shut up, mom!"

shqipo said...

This whole phenomenon is crazy and stupid - but I applaud the smart "entrepreneurs" who stayed for hours in line to get one and list it immediately on eBay to sell it for hundreds (even thousands for some) of $$ more.