11.19.2005

This country is WAAAYYY TOOO spoiled!

Today, Libera and I went to one of my favorite local fruit markets to get some flowers for my abuela and my mother-in-law. Being the frugal miser that I am, I always check out the clearance shelves for a great deal on vegetables, fruit, bread, etc. Most of the time, there is not too many things that great on this 5shelf unit on wheels that they keep on the outside of the store and away from the main entrance. Again, I am a frugal mofo, therefore, I don't mind walking 15paces out of my way to land a good deal. Anyway, I was amazed to find two bags with a 99cent sticker on each one for 10 (total) bell peppers. Red and orange. Man, I was hyped! Normally, these badboys are 2.99/lb and that's for the red. The orange are usually more. Sheesh. While that was a great situation, I began to analyze the background issue here. Today, this shelf unit on wheels was jammed with food that they had reduced for quick sale...Man, I am talking grapes, melons, apples, onions, some bread and a host of other items. I am not naive enough to think that the grocery business does not produce alot of waste, but sheesh. I think of people in this country and obviously in other parts of the world who have NEVER even seen that much food at a glance. I know we take the abundance of food we have for granted at times. I really try on a daily basis to never do that, but of course I have been guilty of it. It's kind of crazy that some of these grocery stores just load up their dumpsters with a few day old food. I know perishable stuff gets to the dumpster quicker than items with long shelf life, but it's kind of twisted that they would not at first thought earmark all of this stuff for local food banks since I can bet that within 5miles of any grocery store, there is a shelter, group home or at least a church that would take those items and pass them along to a hungry person or family. Sheesh....I guess people are just too caught up in things to help others out. Don't get me wrong. I certainly do not think that people who are CAPABLE of working should be working the system and STEALING this food from other people (orphans, disabled people, etc.) because they think they deserve it more.
Those of us in MI know about a recent story in the news of this scum of a woman who was working the system by going to a church food bank several times per week since March and the lady has 3 houses to her name with her husband. Get this...each house is 800K-1M and she was going to a church food bank?! Come on!! She stole food from others because of some twisted game in her mind. Horrible. While what she did is not technically illegal, I believe it is of a pretty low moral standard to ever do anything like that.Oh, back to this country. The obesity situation in this country is really a mess. Though I find it laughable to classify obesity as a "disease", I know those people are sick. It's just like morons who smoke. It's mental. People like to convince themselves that they are really dependant on those vices, but come on....In terms of food, it's all about portion control and the lack of exercise in their lives is really a no-win situation. Any oncologist will tell you, the number one way to reduce your chance of developing cancer is to avoid smoking. Sheesh, the friggin packs even warn people...and of course the government would NEVER put a stop to smoking since they get mad tax loot from these people....Don't get me started on the government....Ok, now I'm pissed...Time to hit the treadmill.....

6 comments:

phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

You took those pictures at the zoo, right ?

Josue' said...

Naw...the FAT FARM is where those came from.. ;p

Anonymous said...

Is that woman using her saggy breasts as a cupholder?!

Josue' said...

..I don't know that answer...I don't want to know that answer...:(

shqipo said...

Love the beer holder... . thanks for giving me nightmares!

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! 2004 convertable porsche 911 porsche technician resume uk Io data recovery