11.09.2005

It's all about the Light Emitting Diode yo....


Amazon.com is on my top 5 sites for shopping on the net. It's really amazing the amount and range of items you can locate on that site and affiliated sites. I have purchased books, CDs, Clif Bars, pots/pans, camera accessories....the list can go on and on.....Anyway, I was checking out amazon last Friday and they usually have this FRIDAY ONLY sale that occassionally has some pretty decent sale items. I happen to check the site out and saw an LED flashlight. Oh.....LEDs are sooo cool. Just notice how intensly bright the light is from the flashlight....Sheesh. We have all seen them on vehicle taillights and many electronic devices, but now the ubiquitous flashlight? I had to have it! I was looking for an additional flashlight anyway since you really can never have too many and I have medium grade and really cheap ones. I figured I would see what all the hype was about since LEDs seem to be making their way into more common and lower cost products. Longer bulb life and use of less energy. As you should know, I am all about sustainable resources, recycling, green is the way to go if economically feasible in certain situations and all that good stuff. So, I get the item yesterday (free shipping since I also bought another item) and was pretty impressed. I recommend LED flashlights to the people. The light is a much different intensity and concentration. I am sure wavelength and semiconductors come into the conversation in explaining the unique properties of LEDs. The light beam is actually less of a beam and more of an overall concentration of light. It's kind of weird to explain until you see it. The range is not too far ahead of you if you point the flashlight, but the light has a wider circumference of light than a traditional incandescent bulb. Again, you should check out a store that has one of these things and see what you think. It gets about 20style pts in my world also. Peep the link to the item on amazon and let your light shine... ;p

2 comments:

phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

In the Air Force, we've been using LED flashlights from the Pelican Inc. - they are awesome, brighter than MAG lights, light weight, and the battery life is much longer.

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! »