1.01.2006

Out with 2005, bring on 2006!


I hope the reality of another year brings with it hope and ambition for everyone. I am not a believer in resolutions because I am of the opinion that you should make immediate adjustments to behavior that you feel could offer improved results in your life at any time. I am not against resolutions at all, but I think they are really overrated in that human beings tend to fall into their comfort zone and right back into the behavior that they know is detrimental or irresponsible or anything outside of being positive and productive. I don't look for a new year to make adjustments in my life. I think weekly or monthly assessments can provide you with an accurate inventory of what is working and what is not. I crack up at all these clowns who flood the gym and swear to eat better and at the end of the month, they are back to 2005 habits. Anything with a good reward (improved health, more money in the bank, etc.) requires a certain amount of sacrifice and people will come up with varied excuses to make them feel good when they are back to old habits. Oh well, it's a new year and I hope it brings with it some new and improved changes for all of us. Cheers.

4 comments:

shqipo said...

Peace to India and Pakistan (that's what your pic says anyway).

I find it a little hard to believe the "no plan" words coming out of someone who plans a week in advance each meal :P

HAPPY NEW YEARS!

P.S. I feel the same about stupid resolutions.

phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

If we strive for improvement, it should be a daily thing... not because it is a new year.

Anonymous said...

yes, grasshopper

Anonymous said...

Cool guestbook, interesting information... Keep it UP
» »