2.19.2006

I will kick (verbally, at least) if provoked...



Once again, I think one of main reasons for being put on this earth was to observe people in their native state of mind and manifesting their inner soul into external foolishness...Really. It's true...It's true....Exhibit A: I went to a local grocery store to get a few things and Libera was at home, therefore, I planned a very systematic trip in which I was armed with a list of a few items (it happened to be a pretty good sale)we needed and some that were priced too good to pass up at the time. Anyway, I get most of the items and make my way to the checkout....Low and behold, there is ONE cash register open...ONE!! On a Saturday morning and there are like 6 people in front of me...Sheesh, plan B kicks in and I jettison over to the U-SCAN (aka, self-check out stations) and although I had 1-2 more items than the maximum, I took the risk of being reprimanded and made my way there...So, the first item (Dole juice) rings up as $3.99 (it should have been $1.99) and I tell the girl watching me that it did not ring up the sale price...That was the first switch I flipped on her and she just flips out talking aloud about how the "system is messed up again and it was the same way during the super bowl weekend" this chick then grabs a fellow co-worker and proceeds to spin a web of misery around him and tell him to tell the manager that she was "quitting for sure this time" and the guy just stood there and listened to this poor soul. I scan item number two (Barilla Pasta) and it rings up at $1.99 and should have been .99cents. I proceed to inform her of this same issue and the second switch is flipped and she performs the same moronic rant. I was VERY VERY annoyed, but realized that it was not her job to key the sale prices into the system. She was stuck in the middle and she just hated her job. I got my revenge on this situation by checking my receipt for the store manager's name and called him later in the day to explain that I did not appreciate hearing her rant and told him that his store was not represented in a good way and several customers heard this and told him that I was not concerned about the system not being updated with the sale prices, but I would not sit idly by again if I heard a store employee rant out loud like this chick. He knew who the person was since he was able to describe her to me without me describing her to him. I hope she had a nice conversation with this guy.

The second situation I must describe happened within 10min of the previous one. I was leaving the grocery store and needed to get some petrol. I stopped by a nearby station and proceeded to pay at the pump. The digital display was not functioning at all, therefore, I was not able to tell what I was agreeing to or if it was asking me to pay inside or if I needed a carwash, etc. I am sure you know that not every gas station has the same method or displayed message at the pump if you decide to pay that pump. Anyway, this annoys me, but I would rather walk inside and clarify then move my car to another pump. I tell the girl behind the counter (she was on her cell phone and acted like I was not even asking her a question). I said, "Excuse me, but the display at the pump is not working." She says, "You can still pump and don't need the display to pay." I said, "It might help if you posted a sign out there telling people to pay inside since the display is not working." She tells me, "You can pump without needed the display." I said, "Oh, ok. Thank you." I gave her the benefit of the doubt since I could see what the amount of gas/money was going into the tank. Fine.....I thought. I pump the gas and then I hear that dreadful sound of a receipt printing, but nothing comes out. Another trip inside finds this store clerk still on her phone and I am really annoyed. I said, "Seriously, you should post a sign out there because now it is not even printing receipts and I just wasted 2 trips coming in here. If there was a sign, I would have known and not expected to pay at the pump." She says, "They're tearing this place down at the end of the month." I said, "Uh, ok. What does that have to do with posting a sign out there today?" She just looks at me with this empty stare. I said, "Well, I guess you just don't care since you hate your job." Again, she just looks at me as if I must be speaking to her in some other tongue. I turned around and just left after grabbing my receipt from her. I did not bother to call her boss since I figured that anyone who works at a gas station (who is not the owner or family of the owner) is already punished....

12 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

U just unlucky

The D said...

Man, you are the kind of Customer that I could not stand when I was an sandwich artist. You remind me of this lady that tried to get my fired. Luckily for me, she complained after a week so the video evidence of my comment to her was recorded over.

Her: Bragging about her Kid doing well in soccer(futbol) and baseball(beisbol).

Me: Wondering why she is telling me this like I could give a shite.

Her: Bragging about some catch or some kick and how she is treating him to some ice cream or something...

Me: Finally annoyed over the constant bragging I say, "You know, it is a shame that parents to congratulate their childred for academic achievement as much as they did for physical ones.

Her: Mouth drops open and looks stunned and hurt that I would say such a thing.

Me: Pleased that she shut up about her obviously stupid jock kid.

phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

If I were at that gas station, I'd just move to another pump, cuz dealing with some people is only a waste of time. How helpful are people in America these days ?

Now with the super market... I'd just leave the items on the cash register and leave without giving them a dime.

Anonymous said...

supermarket=underpaid/underappreciated

Josue' said...

d,
so, you would not stand me because YOU were ranting about your job? I don't understand that comment...The scenario you describe is nothing like i was mentioning. I agree with what you told that lady.

phun,
i understand your point, but i would rather not lower my expectations for every single event when a place i am giving my money to a business. as far as the supermercado goes, that whole eating thing is pretty essential to that whole living thing, therefore, i would have demanded the manager had i really been in a salty moood. i'll swim across a crap-filled lake to keep more change in my pocket...well, not really, but i like to save money with a minor tradeoff sometimes...

phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

Simple economics, eh ???

"My friends call me Lenny...
...aint got no friends."

The D said...

The similarities lie in your calling the manager and probably getting the woman fired. Now, I understand that she was a fault, but to actually go the extra mile to get her fired?

Josue' said...

The extra mile was already traveled by her in verbalizing her rant louder than her own innner monologue...we all make choices and she picked the choice of annoying me that day...we all have a choice to keep our jobs...no one has a gun to our heads.....

shqipo said...

Seriously, how did her rant actually make your day so unbearable that you had to go and complain?!

Josue' said...

Stop trying to instigate, shqipo. What is this? Excuse-makers paradise?! You and d should open a business where the workers just complain all day and maybe even hit the customers and the rules are that no one can say anything to the workers....try a different angle kids.....*yawn*

:p

Anonymous said...

and them's was 1954 dollars