5.24.2006

Waterless Urinals

I did not think this blog would venture into the arena of potty talk, but it seems to have taken a turn for the worst. :p I can assure you that this will not be just your average urinal post. This post involves something I have yet to experience in my life. Today, I was at a technical conference in Novi for my work and I had to make a stop in the little boys room and when I was approaching the porcelain fixtures on the wall, I knew I was in for an experience that was out of the ordinary...a WATERLESS URINAL staring back at me. It did not change how I "used" (no pun intended) that white streamlined block of porcelain bolted to the wall in front of me, but I started to think that I never really had to "go" in/on one of those contraptions before. I knew that MSU had these things for a few years, but the few times I have been there, I never had the fortunate meeting with those urinals. Most of you should know that I am an environmentally conscious guy. I don't hug trees or throw pies at celebs who wear fur, but I like to do my part with recycling and make a conscious effort on a daily basis to conserve energy. Anyway, the main tagline with waterless urinals is the whole idea of saving money for all the flushing. In high traffic areas, that can lead to really significant savings and it helps the environment. Well, I have to say that I really expected the bathroom to smell like death, but it really was not any different than any other reasonably clean public bathroom. My main complaint with these waterless urinals would be the actually shape. Let's just say I am glad that I have decent Kegel muscles because if that had not been the case, I might have looked like I dropped a glass of water on my pants...In other words, the splash factor was in full effect. It also might have been the height of the urinals, but that is another post that will never make it to this blog.

Sorry to any ladies who might read this post since you do not really have the whole urinal-use situation in your repertoire....

If they create waterless toliet bowls, they may need to be classified as WMDs...

9 comments:

shqipo said...

LMAO! I don't think I've seen those yet. But your description of the splash effect is very vivid!

Anonymous said...

i want a pic

Josue' said...

Google is your friend. :p

The D said...

I didnt know you had many vaginal prolapse problems...

Josue' said...

:p ....so, I'm a woman now?

phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

What is a prolapse ?

shqipo said...

I'm a little worried that dub-d wants a pic of you taking a piss...

Anonymous said...

Very nice site!
bible software health insurance coverage distance+learning+mba colocation brive la gaillairde public domain religious art fast cash advance car accident attorney computer outdoor perimeter security travel insurance france refinancing costs in the united kingdom atlanta casualty automobile insurance auto refinancing business walther accounting machines no income no employment mortgage ada attorneys accounting career mortgage element florida

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. »