5.26.2006

Why does "old money" think the world revolves around them?

This was so classic earlier today. I went to get most of my vegetable plants (pics to follow soon) for my garden at a local greenhouse. I was not disappointed with my purchases. I have a good feeling about this year's garden; more details with the pics...at a later time. Anyway, I was at the checkout counter and this hag walks in with a piece of paper with pencil written notes. It looked like a list. She taps the girl's shoulder who was about to help me with my purchases and the girl seems surprised to have this rude hag distract her as she was about to help me out. I stood by waiting for some benign question, but what came out of this woman's mouth was pretty malignant. She says to the young girl, "Here's my list and I will return in 2hours. Please have my items available upon my return." As the girl was handed the list, the women turns around and walks off. I am watching the girl closely to see if she reacts in anyway. The first thing she does is radio her coworker and asks her if she knew anything about this. I hear the coworker say, "The lady did what?! She wants you to shop for her?!" Yes, that is what happened. I suppose you would have had to be there to witness this, but it was something out of a bad Victorian era film that basically reduced the chick at the greenhouse counter to some sort of female lackey or some crap. I think the girl did not want to offend the hag, but she still could have asked if she had spoke to someone that may have OK'd the request. Well, I was still standing there and the chick asks if I could wait a few more minutes. "No problem", I said. I hear the chick radio her boss and the boss even says, "Uh....we don't really shop for people." Ok, so it was an absolutely baseless act on this hag's part other than she felt the greenhouse workers were her assistants doing as she commanded. I know that Oakland County is the fourth wealthiest county in America, but some people really have some nerve to make such silly requests. I can see this hag getting pissed off if the workers would have given her a plant that had a slight imperfection on a leaf or something silly like that. I am just amazed by some people......

3 comments:

shqipo said...

Oh man, that is hilarious and freakin' outrageous! I'd be super-pissed! Some stores do offer "shopping assistants" or at least they used to, but I am not sure they're still doing it. But a garden place?! C'mon, wtf is she thinking? And probably she won't tip the girl either. AND she will complain about the price being too high. Arrgh!

The D said...

I recommend you read Hocus Pocus by Kurt Vonnegut.

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site...
on line mortgage quote online degree cpanel temporary link domain