5.12.2006

Well, this looks like a decent Dell....


Even though I am not a gamer in the extreme sense, I really like where Dell is going with their new line of XPS Deskops. Because of the recent E3 going on, many tech companies use this as a perfect platform for the introduction of new or soon to be new product offerings. In terms of design, this new gaming line from Dell is not on the scale of the obvious kings of design from Cupertino, CA, but I do have to give them props for a swift Sonyesque move to embrace and promote good design. I am sure the performance is excellent since their XPS line tends to be high end as it is. And the fact that Dell made a recent acquisition of Alienware gives them some street cred to the gamers out there. Although I appreciate the design, I am just not a heavy gamer and even though I would jump out of my skin if one of these machines fell out of the heavens onto my desk, I will just keep an eye on it and hope to see more improved design from Dell and other PC manufacturers.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, beastly computers, they are.

shqipo said...

Very nice - you see, not only Apple knows how to design. AND... you don't have to pay tons for design alone.

Josue' said...

Oh please shqipo,
I know no bigger car snob than YOU...Talk about paying TONS for design...get off your high horse and ride the minature ponies like the rest of us! :p

shqipo said...

I pay for performance :P

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... » » »