5.10.2006

Why did this train wreck intrigue me?


Well, I must admit that watching David Blaine is somewhat of a guilty pleasure....I don't know if its his deliberate slow speaking gimmick or the hype through the network or the buzz online, but I seem to always make it a point to check out his over-hyped "stunts" when they give him air time. From the 3 days he spent inside an ice cube to the seven days in a box underground, the guy cracks me up. If you did not catch the latest stunt titled "Drowned Alive" last night, you should consider yourself lucky...LOL! What a classic title..Drowned Alive......Oh brother. He did NOT deliver this time...This crap was on TV for two hours. There was no way I was going to go on mental auto pilot for 120min. F that! I caught the first 10min and the last 20min. They had these two rescue divers who had to jump in to the giant hamster ball he was in and pull him out. He tried to break the record of 8 minutes, 58 seconds. Insane (..I mean Blaine) held his breath for 7:08, after having spent about 177 hours under water in the week leading up to the stunt. The guy is nuts!!! Sheesh...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

why? oh why?

shqipo said...

Well, that's how he makes a living, he's an entertainer. Ppl get entertained watching someone drown.

Josue' said...

How effective was his "entertaining" in that he did not drown nor did he break the record he said he would break? He's a liar!!! :p

shqipo said...

R u serious? First of all, disclosure: I am not getting any $$ to endorse him. :P

Second, well, he tried, and ppl watched, and he made $$ (and so did the network). A good example: Red Wings tried to win in the playoffs, ppl paid money to watch them win - but they didn't win. Are they liars?

Josue' said...

In fact, the Red Wings are liars. :p

The D said...

Your Redwings SUCK!! GO Sabres!


Also, It is just mindless crap that "they" throw at you do distract you from the real horrors of this world, Including Bush's War and This countries deterioration. But, screw it, American Idol I on and I need to polute my brain with stupidity.

man I hate that show. And I hate the people who watch it.

shqipo said...

I heard David Blaine works for the NSA...