6.01.2006

I wonder how they act at home.....


This is one for the ages. For those of you who work in a place with several departments, you are probably familiar with what I am going to talk about today. The all too familiar work-sponsored food event, aka pot luck or catered lunch/dinner is what I will shed some thoughts on. We recently had one of these situations at work and aside from so many people acting like they were just released back into civilian life after serving 10yrs in the state pen and getting their first meal outside of the prison walls or that seemed to have been raised in the wilderness by wolves in how they hoard their food, there is that further magnified issue of giving food to other departments after a certain department-sponsored event is over. Well, this happened and I wish I was joking, but there was an aluminum container with about 35 chicken breasts in it and 3 people came in to the room and CLEANED HOUSE! Seriously, they had like 4 plates each stacked with these chicken breasts. I suppose they planned to feed their families and a few neighbors. I was rolling on the floor laughing in my mind when I witnessed this nonsense. Do these people have no shame? Do they not think no one sees them? These are not some poor college kids either. I am talking about middle-aged people with kids. I am sure these are the same idiots that pick their noses when they drive and think that eyes in a rearview mirror or a stare across a lane does not apply to them.....Pitiful people....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'd have done the same. it always tastes better when its free. 0 shame :D

shqipo said...

It's the demographics :P