6.15.2006

Interesting Fitness Product of the Day

I am truly unsure of the comfort level of these "shoes", but I can see how they might be a really nice cross-training piece of equipment. Some of you may have seen or actually have the Nike Free shoes and I liked the idea of a shoe like that when I first saw these last year sometime. Apparently there are numerous health benefits to walking/running barefoot. I must admit that I am not particularly a fan of walking/running barefoot unless it is on a beach sans yellow sand from someone's pet. Maybe it's because I did not do so that much as a child or had some sort of fear of stepping on a piece of glass, a nail, a syringe, etc. :p I don't know, but I do know that walking barefoot is a positive trigger to the senses. Running on sand is an absolutely great exercise due to further strengthening of ligaments, tendons and muscles. I'm unsure if I would ever buy these Vibram shoes, but I kind of like how the technology is trying to mimic nature a little bit better.

1 comment:

shqipo said...

Well, why doesn't that surprise me? What other child-like things did you do not to do something as simple as barefoot walking/running?:P

I am not sure how these shoes would feet, but I love walking barefoot, did that when I was a kid too - and yes, did step on a few things, no syringes though.