7.28.2006

The next chapter has begun....


So far, so good. Plenty-o-pics have been snapped, but I need TIME to properly display and decide which ones to upload. I'm working on the birth announcement pics with L and should decide within the next week or two which pics to use.

Ask me how much REAL sleep I have had since the beginning of this week and I will guarantee you that anyone reading this blog has slept more at work than I have actually slept being away from work...It's fine though. The progeny has been eating very well and filling diapers like a champion (if anyone even knows of a champion who could/would fill diapers). Most say she resembles her papi, but we all know how offspring change from week to week. Those temporary tats on my forearm were pretty accurate to my own thin/ski-like locomotion apparatuses. They also dropped her footprints on the newspaper for that day. Quick thinking by the nurse for some souvenirs right after the birth. I know, I know...they do it for everyone, but I have to inject some of that self-absorbed mentality that new parents boast about thinking their experiences and child are the most unique situation known to man...LOL!

In all seriousness, I have seen many child birth deliveries, but seeing my own was more amazing than words can attempt to describe. The wave of emotions is probably the most intense aspect of the entire process......and that is coming from someone who is not actually delivering the baby because if that were the case, I am sure I'd be able to say that there were physical components of the delivery process never before experienced. L did excellent though. She did not scream one time. Not that I expected it, but I have heard the screams of women delivering children and a joke that is not...Her labor time was 5hrs. Not bad at all according to the doc. She has gotten MUCH less sleep than myself, but I suppose that is the mama genes kicking into full gear. Each day, my nerves are becoming slightly more adjusted to this new addition and I am really amazed each time I sneak a peak at this niƱita. She is quite the chuleria en pote if I must say so myself....

7 comments:

shqipo said...

I didn't know you two had joined the Scientology church...:P

Congrats again! Those tatoos look very cute, they didn't give me any (bastards!) they just printed them on some stupid forms. Now I'm pissed!

Well, now you know about emotions - welcome to the club :)

My question is: how, and where, exactly, have you seen these many child birth deliveries?!

Josue' said...

No thanks on the Scientology...I may like to jump on couches, but you can have that groups teachings...

There is a policy in place to not share with albos...read the fine print. :p

The "club" better end up like a country club and not a club with people in bright orange-colored vests cleaning the side of the highway as they dodge 18wheelers and other motorists... :p

To answer your question:
How? With my eyes and ears.
Where? In a hospital and on tv/vids.
Exactly? See how and where.

phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

I should've recommended naming your daughter Lisue' or Jobera

... did the Doc let you clip the cord ? I'm sure with the lack of sleep, watching all of the blood and stuff probably didn't bother you too much. It's cool watching the baby pop out, like something off of the nature channel, with the head pushing out slightly, then the Doc has to clip skin, and put a suction cup on the baby's head to pull her out a bit.

Josue' said...

LOL! Nice.

I was able to cut the cord and it reminded me of an overcooked squid. Interesting. As far as watching everything, that was nothing major. Such things are no big deal for me. I was amazed by the placenta; super vascular, indeed.

They never used forceps or the suction pump. The baby came down the canal pretty gradually.

The D said...

I hear women in labour, with all that squeezing and pushing, they can let their bowles out during the birthing process?
That is something they don't tell everyone.

I think Jobera sounds like a great name.

Josue' said...

D,
You got it, although I must clarify that it could be the ,contents of the bowels and thank God that did not happen in L's case...Whew! The elimination phase (a la Austin Powers) occurred before getting to the hospital that morning. TMI, I know....but true.

The interesting thing that I did not know is that there is/can be rectal pressure (some say more like burning) that not even an epidural can quench. L got the epidural late during her labor and she was extremely thankful for the person who invented them.

As far as not telling many people that sometimes #2 just happens, I agree with you on that. We knew it could potentially happen from researching and a birthing class we took.....

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the new mama and papa!!!!!

Man, your life is gonna change in ways you can't even imagine. :)
It's way cool. I can't wait to see the pics of the little lady.
Did you pass out when the doc gave L the epidural? Or did you chicken out? :)

Sleep when the baby sleep and don't waste your time with other stuff. Have fun.

Damon from the land of cheese and chocolate.