7.01.2006

Your life is just not that interesting to me.....Really.

Let me set the scene for you mind's eye. Two days ago, there was a slow leak in the passenger rear tire of one of the cars thanks to a shard of metal that mysteriously got lodged betwixt one of the treads. Well, this was noticed before work and I threw on the spare (of course, it was NOT a full sized spare) and knew I had to get the leaking tire patched with the quickness. I headed over to one of my favorite places for all things rims and tires--Discount Tire. There were two people ahead of me when I got there and I felt I was there early enough that I would not be late for work. Anyway, I tell them what my situation is and I walk over to the waiting area and some dude is on his phone talking louder than I felt he should have been, therefore, I decided to just hang around the area in which I could look through the glass and see them working on vehicles. Everyone was working. I should be out of there in no time...Ok, I decided that I wanted to read the newspaper and I walked over to where the toolbox was still on his phone talking for all the store to hear...Sheesh, this loser was talking about details of his life that were just embarrassing and he was not the least bit concerned that anyone would hear. For example, I heard this clown say, "Yeah man, I got busted last weekend on the boat. The cop said it would be 6 points instead of 2 since I was given the ticket for BUI (Boating Under the Influence ) instead of DUI (Driving Under the Influence)." What a friggin loser. He was probably in his late 30's and worked for a sprinkler company. I wonder how many jobs this clown botched up....Anyway, he went on to say within his cell convo, "Are you going to the party over the Fourth of July? I know what's her name's cousin will be there and her friend works for the court and I bet she can help me out with the ticket because I cannot afford anymore points." How could anyone just broadcast some ish like that for the world to hear and not be totally ashamed? The psychology involved with cell phone use can be interesting. I kind of parallel it with people who pick their noses in their cars (sans tinted windows) and they think no one can see them.....

4 comments:

The D said...

Umm...So, is this post a reason not to read your blog? Haha!

I am sure that he cares not what others think, and he probably would be the guy who would bring a lawsuit against the cops for giving him a ticket...perhaps that would require too much initiative.

Josue' said...

Ha...

I think you have that guy figured out....We all have had to be in the unfortunate company of people like that....and all we can ask is for that part of our life to be given back to us, but it never happens... :p

phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

Talking to someone on his cell phone saves him the money he might use to pay for a psychologist.

shqipo said...

I guess he hasn't heard the budweiser radio commercial about the "really loud cell phone talker"