12.04.2006

Land's End

I have an affinity for fashion. Be it the fashion on my person or other persons. It’s certainly not a status thing with me. I could care less if I have an Armani suit on or an outfit from Target; if it looks good, it just looks good. I don't necessarily have an allegiance to certain brands either, but I do have certain expectations if I buy a KCole shirt that it will hold up in terms of quality longer than 2-3 washes or dry cleanings. I like certain places for shoes unless I need sneaks or some other form of workout shoe, but I digress.

A guy at work was telling me about Land's End today. As I said earlier, I have no allegiance to a brand or store. I am pretty confident that I can find at least one item in pretty much any clothing or shoe store and make it work with whatever particular style/look I had in mind. I don't own anything from Land's End. No reason; I just don't. Most clothes and shoes have a really weak guarantee / return policy. Check out the guarantee policy from the Land's End site that this guy told me about:
The world is full of guarantees, no two alike. As a rule, the more words they contain, the more their protection is limited. The Lands' End guarantee has always been an unconditional one. It reads: "If you’re not satisfied with any item, simply return it to us at any time for an exchange or refund of its purchase price."
We mean every word of it. Whatever. Whenever. Always. But to make sure this is perfectly clear, we've decided to simplify it further.
GUARANTEED. PERIOD.®


That is just crazy! I may have to add some Land's End to my fashion options. That guarantee is just too good to pass up.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

we gotta get nike in on that refund tip

Josue' said...

Word..Actually, at ONE time they were like that. In fact, in high school, I actually did send them back two pairs of basketball shoes with a pre-paid label that they sent me and they sent me back the upgraded model of each shoe. It was great!

Now, they have to pay Lebron, Kobe and dozens of other guys the big loot....Customer Service is dead. It's all about how many sneaks the kids in China can crank out these days...

The D said...

I am pretty sure there is no more room to comment, it is all taken up by your ego. Oh great and wise Mr. Fasion. ^_^!

Josue' said...

This blog has not enough space for my ego. :p

phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

Kids in China are making a living off of them sweat shops over there. Hey Mike, how about a Chinese slave girl ? For $600 you could have her shipped right to your door step. Invest a few thousand so she can start her own tailoring business. You'll be raking in dough as the "manager" and she wont feel like a slave... it's called entrepreneurship. Double half breeds make good children

Josue' said...

LOL!

Classic MEMBERS ONLY reset... :)

Anonymous said...

dont tempt me caL

The D said...

And Phun gets the award for taking the comments into a depressing area. Congrats.

shqipo said...

i knew this about LE for many years. I just haven't had the $$ to buy their stuff (it's not that cheap...), plus it's not exactly my style.