4.04.2007

GRINDHOUSE

For whatever reason, I seem to get caught up in the hype machine that is Quentin Tarantino. The guy is a total screwjob, but I cannot turn away....Not sure if it's because I see a bit of my own alter-ego in his antics. Not sure. In terms of Grindhouse, add in Robert Rodriguez (who I am a HUGE fan of) and I think I MIGHT actually drop some cash at the theater for the newest collabo by these guys. Who does not want to pay homage to B-movie thrillers of the 70s and 80? The combination of two feature-length segments (Planet Terror & Death Proof) into one flick has not been done recently, if at all. With Hollywood at a creative wasteland as of late, this might jumpstart some of the creativity that has been lacking.

If anything, the movie pics are high art and that has me caught up in it. Mix in some of Hollywood's femme fatales and good cinema might be produced. That remains to be seen, but this film will be out at the end of the week and your boy might peep it sooner rather than later....

9 comments:

shqipo said...

it's all about the femmes for you, isn't it?

Josue' said...

you should talk. :p

The D said...

With any luck, it wont turn out like "Escape from L.A." That film was crap-o-la and destroyed the good name of "Escape from New York" and Snake Plisskin.

Dave said...

Yeah no kidding, Dan.

I'm looking forward to seeing it. Not only is Danny Trejo in it, but Freddy Rodríguez as well, who is a fellow Boricua, and of course, let's not forget about Mr. Jack Freakin' Burton himself...Kurt Russell.

Josue' said...

Danny Trejo is classic; love the guy...Man, he makes suburbanites lock their front doors. :p

Josue' said...

D,
I agree with you on the whole Escape from LA trash....

shqipo said...

you should watch Sin City. the plot is kinda weird. but that whole effect is kickazz!

Anonymous said...

IMO this season's creativity/innovation started with 300. This, however is much more daring. A double feature? Not in my lifetime (till now).

Josue' said...

I need to peep 300....