4.01.2007

WI travelin'

I returned yesterday from a short trip for work from the Milwaukee, WI area. Where do I begin? How about the plane ride there. I was on the plane with a bunch of junior college softball-playing females. They were going home from a tournament in FL. Small talk was made and the subject of what do they do for fun in WI came up. I was told "Camping and Hunting" are the only two things to do in WI according to these 20somethings. Great. I thought the Packers and eating cheese would somehow find its way in, but it did not. Anyway, I must admit that we had no time to explore the intricacies of the city of Milwaukee and maybe I am giving a hollow judgment, but I still believe that WI is no place for me. Give me MI any day...potholes, silly local government issues, racial tensions, scandalous crimes and all. I never thought I would miss traffic on I94 or I75, but being in WI made me think about that and when I returned and got off the plane and into my car and hit the traffic, I was pretty glad to be here and not there. Could it be the bad experience I had at a piece of trash Holiday Inn? Maybe. Could it be the recommended restaurant on the busy main street we were on was not very good? Maybe. Several episodes throughout this short trip made me sour about WI. My advice to you is to keep driving if you go there or just go over to the Chi for some diversity and urban activity.

3 comments:

shqipo said...

do you have any hotel stories to share (pun intentended)? :p

Dave said...

The only thing you're gonna find in Wisconsin is a bunch of cheese-eating, fat, inbred slobs who wold blow Brett Favruh if they ever saw him on the street.

WISCONSIN!!! Where the men are men and the sheep are scared!

The D said...

That is Cold, Dave.

Why were you in WI?

One word. Beer!

I thought it was much better driving in WI than driving in MI. Freaking Michigan Left Turns. That is all.

Another word. Cheese!