5.16.2007

The Genius of a Car Dealership

I had to bring the Mazda in yesterday morning for a recall (a computer module update and a separate fan wiring issue). I had about an hour to kill. I brought my notebook to spend some time catching up on news and other events. To my dismay, there was no wireless connection to be utilized. I asked one of the sales guys on the showroom floor about this and he says, "You are the 4th person to ask me about this today." I said, "Well, it is 2007 and people expect these things." He says, "I know what you mean. We are the only building without it. You should try VW." This is a pretty big collection of dealers where I brought the car to. From Hummer to Vdub, to GMC and Mercedes. There is a grouping of various buildings. Mazda is next to VW, so I walked over there after shooting the ish with the Mazda salesguy talking about what is in the future for Mazda vehicles and things like that. Well, VW's connection was down! Man, I was kind of pissed. Oh well. It was a nice day and I just decided to walk around and peep the rides and absorb the sticker shock of various models. The funny thing to me was that you had all these vehicles 18K-60K in a dirt (with plenty-o-rocks) lot and sporadic potholes and things like that. I even caught some of the porters pushing these cars to the rpm limit as they made their way to the prep area building to clean up the rides so that people could take delivery of their new cars. That whole situation just further confirmed my distrust of people who have access to my car keys. I NEVER get valet. I always stay at the mechanic shop if my car needs work unless it happens to be a situation in which 3+ hrs will be involved. Fortunately, it's been a few years that that has happened. I just know many people have no regard for property that is not their own and that is pretty sad.

6 comments:

shqipo said...

dude, are you really serious about your wi-fi expectations?

Josue' said...

uh yeah...give me a break man. have you not been to a dealer lately? the places are set up like mini-starbucks sites and SHOULD accomodate my net addiction! :p

shqipo said...

you're right, I'm sorry.

actually, next time I will go to ANY places where they make me wait, not only will I want wi-fi, but also the following:

1. two asian girls (nationality doesn't matter) rubbing my feet
2. two brazilian girls giving me a long, wet slow bj
3. a blonde russian with big real titties feeding me strawberries covered in dark chocolate and Dom erignon and rubbing her titties on my face.

The D said...

I am pretty sure they would have no interest in testing the limits of your *snicker* Mazda. ^_^

Funny you should mention starbusks, The Mini Dealership where my father purchased his new car had an awesome coffee machine that dispensed all sorts of goodies for free.99!

Josue' said...

shqipo,
are you drunk?

D,
He got a mini? Oh man, you MUST snap a pic of him in it...That is poster material! :p

shqipo said...

nope, not drunk at all. I was just making fun of your expectation. spoiled rican.