12.17.2008

My latest world news obsession....


Drum roll, please...........SOMALI PIRATES!
Man, these stories have me glued to my computer screen on a weekly basis. Just when you think these guys cannot get any more bold, they top the latest stunt. I am certainly not making light of the plight in Somalia because it is indeed very serious and there are lots of people hurting/dying at this moment and have been for a very long time. A 17year lack of government structure will certainly contribute to that, but the lack of action by so many nations for such a period of time is astounding to me. In fact, I find it crazy that anyone traveling through the Gulf of Aden does not roll with 3-4 mercenaries. I understand there are laws that prevent weapons going through port, but come on, 2008 has been a freaking jackpot for these lawless clowns in Somalia! Companies have recently started to take their ships ALL THE WAY AROUND the west coast of Africa just to avoid idiots with a few shoulder rocket launchers and a few machine guns rolling up on them in 4-5 skiffs and letting the ships get taken over because they don't believe anyone can be so bold like these guys have CONTINUED TO BECOME. Lots of money is being lost because no one is fighting back and ending these playground-antics on the sea. What other proof do you need that you cannot just roll over? They (European or Asian due to proximity) need to get a few naval ships over there and follow these clowns home and drop a few missiles on their shacks on shore and this mess will be over and then recover the "confiscated" tankers and other sea vessels these idiots STOLE and this ish will be old news...Are you kidding me....any of these nations could send a small team of special ops. over there to clean this mess up....what gives?!

No worries, the Chinese plan to flex....and I await the next move in this drama.

5 comments:

phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

I think they need to get aggressive on Somali pirates, stocked up on RPGs themselves

Anonymous said...

do what you want 'cause a pirate is free, you are a pirate!

The D said...

I'm sure a Navy man would love to greet some pirates. Yo, Jo, your pict makes you look way too tan, like a 17 year old white girl from western ny. Strangely your pict reminded me of Fat Albert. Hey hey hey!

Josue' said...

D,
Ha! Blame photoshizop for a silly filter...I am just in stealth mode...never know who seez on the netz.......

Unknown said...

I hope the Chins go and wipe them out. Did you read about that pirate boat sinking and the money scattering in the ocean?

About your stealth mode... nah, it's your usual paranoia :p