8.21.2005

The more things stay the same, the more they GET WORSE!!

And what I mean by this is the constant news stories about soldiers getting killed in Iraq. Man, I'm not to the point of being numb to it like most people (idiots!) are, but I am getting to the point of being very sick of hearing about it. In no way is the tide shifting and I am going to turn this blog into a constant political rant; it's not my style. In case anyone did not know, I have "No Preference" as my selection on my voters card. Am I Independent? Not really although I feel some Independents have good ideas as well. I like ideas from Republicans and I like ideas from Democrats. Is the state of politics today evil and corrupt? Yes, very much so. Do I vote? Yes, since I have been of age to do so. Do I think a select group of men run this country? Yes, I believe it. Do I want to live in another country because of what's going on in Iraq? If I did, I would. That should answer that question. I appreciate the freedoms the United States has, but it's tough sometimes to grin when there is so much happening outside of the US and human beings are dying for "something". Part of my frustration comes on the heels of reading a story that the US Army has projected another 4 years in Iraq. Are you kidding me?! I was under the impression that early next year troops would be out of there and the constant fighting of several thousand years ago would continue. Frustrating man! Sheesh...If any troops happen to read this, I hope they know they are supported. They are following orders. I am not stupid enough to think that every soldier there "wants" to be there or believes in the cause, but I am glad there is a US military and I wish them a safe return sooner rather than later.....

1 comment:

shqipo said...

Don't get me started...