9.19.2005

Adios Verano! I don't want to see you go.....

So, I am going into work later today and I was outside checking out some things around the crib and I had intentions on mulching my grass, but it's too wet and there are not much things worse than trying to cut wet grass because then you see the rotten fruits of your labor the next day (or when it dries) when half of the grass is just sticking up because of being wet and unable to be cut. Not good. Anyway, I was cleaning up the garden in preparation for the fall. I only have two eggplant plants left and one tomato plant (pics in the future in a different post). I have been harvesting tomatoes from the other plants the past two weeks. We have three plastic bags in our basement with green and ripening tomatoes that we have been eating (to a point) and giving the rest away. The three plants left in the garden are still producing, but it's basically what's left on them for the next few days and I will pull them up and rake the dirt and mulch it up so that it can sit for the next few months. We have a few more home projects to get done before the snow flakes start falling....