9.24.2005

Genetics make life interesting

Still in the process of harvesting vegetables from the garden. I pulled up the last tomato plant yesterday. There were about 14 mid-sized green tomatoes on it. Of course, I brought those inside to chill in the basement and ripen slowly. The egg plants are still looking decent. Not huge, but decent enough to marinate and grill or make a few other types of dishes. It cracks me up to see how sometimes there is an oddly formed one. I had to snap a pic of this latest natural creation.
It appears that triplets were to be the end result, but never really separated. Oh well, when this freak of nature loses the battle with my kitchen knife, my taste buds will thank the egg plant gods.

11 comments:

shqipo said...

I'm not gonna comment on that shape... :)
Why did you pull the tomato?! There's still warm weather left - I think.

Anonymous said...

Looks like an upside down...yeah, I decline to comment as well.

The D said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The D said...

Those is the saddest eggplants I have ever seen. Why are they so small? Next time get the Puerto Rican brand and not the white kind ^_^

phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

Constructive discrimination among eggplants...

Josue' said...

haha. the bottom line is that my harvest makes good meals...i am not trying to win any beauty contests or fashion shows with my vegetables..ha.

shqipo said...

I can vouch for the quality of his garden's products

The D said...

TMI! Too much information! I used to say "Don't go there!" but that was just lame.

Josue' said...

Hey, the man knows good 'product' when he sees it or eats it or....nevermind...this post is a sham now....ha...

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info
» » »

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read Pet heaters toronto web design cybersitter 9.4