12.26.2005

BlackFriday DejaVu or what have you....?


I hope everyone had a nice Christmas and did not ingest too much artery-clogging goodness... :) Today is the day that the same people who broke their backs on Black Friday try to jump-start the economy again with frivolous shopping and reckless spending. Haha. Could someone tell me where the economy is faltering because it is not happening around here! The malls where jammed and the shoppers were out in full-force. Not me. Oh no, I knew better than that. Libera and I went to a store this morning to get some groceries and this place happens to sell clothes, has a pharmacy, sells CDs and plants, etc. I would say that it is similar to WalMart, but it is only local to MI and probably OH. Anyway, we got a few Christmas items 50% off and that was about it. Oh, we also hit a local hardware store near our house since I wanted to grab another bag of Calcium Chloride (rock salt is pretty destructive to cement; CaCl2 is not as bad) and we grabbed a few Christmas items there at 60-75% off. That's all folks. We were not about to roll the dice on another road rage situation today. I have no problem waiting the extra week or two to see what scraps are left at the stores. I'm not really looking for anything specific at the moment. I love a good deal and don't let too many pass by, but today was not the day to power shop.

3 comments:

phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

The Wal-Mart parking lots were filled up more than a Beijing sweat shop. (FYI - I didn't shop there.)

Anonymous said...

nor did i

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » » »