1.12.2006

So you're pissed at your life....Ok...and that's my problem?


Here we go. Without getting into excruciating detail (to protect the guilty, of course) on the particulars, I find it so hilarious that some people you work with on a professional level just cannot separate work from their own personal life or really just try to play that whole blame-game when they should just blame themselves. Sheesh...I was doing some work (let's call it pro-bono because it was/is) for a guy and had not heard from him for a few days on a project we were working on. Ok, fine....well, I send a follow-up email to confirm some previously discussed details and the clown acts like he has no idea what I am talking about?! Then, he has the stones to get kind of snippy on the reply back to me, but the areas in which he was directing his disgust at were part that HE requested and somehow got bitten by the selective-amnesia bug...Idiot!! To top things off, he follows up his nasty-gram to me with an apology about how his personal life is hitting some speed bumps and he just wanted to vent on me...Uh, excuse me.........Anyway, I guess that is enough for now because I said earlier, I am not about dropping specific details in this blog because I don't really operate in a 'smear campaign' kind of way, but if you have ever worked with someone who drags personal circumstances into the professional realm, it’s just an annoying situation. Again, if I were getting paid, then it is certainly possible that I could stomach this situation a little bit more, but trying to help someone out with the eventual payoff when it becomes feasible is an interesting dynamic......I'll leave it at that for now....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

this 'friend' of yours sounds like a real piece of work.

Josue' said...

In the world of biz, friends are rare, but 'friends' are like fruit in the horn of plenty. :p

shqipo said...

Your last comment: words of wisdom spoken with a Rican flavor :)

J.D., thnx for calling me a clown! No wonder you deserved me going off on you! :)

Josue' said...

shqipo,
you have had 'image pending approval' for your profile image for several days...what's the story?

shqipo said...

Just trying to b cool like u JD :D

Josue' said...

ok, but that still does not change your pic....