2.02.2006

I loathe Name Droppers

I'm sure we all know that moronic someone who likes to Name Drop. You know....that fool who says they know "so and so" and "him (celebrity, of course)" and "her" when it turns out to not be true. The person has been exposed so many times it just turns into another episode of GroundHog Day when they run their mouth about the same tired situation.
As all of you should know, Super Bowl XL is in the D and man, the hype machine is in full effect. They have really dressed this pig real nice....put some nice lipstick on the pig....a beautiful dress on the pig.....it's still a pig, but at least the negatives are on hold up to this point.....so far, so good....Big Kwame (the mayor) is holding his breath for a few more days....Anyway, as with every SuperBowl, there are mad celebs in the D and in surrounding burbs.....As the underlying theme of this post would suggest, I will unleash my verbal furry on that moron that is the NameDropper....I, of course, am not one of these people. I feel sorry for those people. I must admit that I do know many people in various areas of industry and some that are connected to marketing of some type for locations in the D and throughout SE MI for the SuperBowl, but I am not so connected that I will be going to the game and that's fine with me. I said I know them....these people are not my friends, but it would be safe to say we are acquaintances.....My real friends can be counted on ONE (maybe two) hands....It's not that I don't trust people...it's just that I don't trust people and that's a convo for another post....Anyway, back on topic...so, I know this clown who has been NameDropping ever since I met him (2-3yrs ago) and it is AMAZING what this guy comes up with...He consistently has stories about celebs he's hanging with...I got "bla-bla-bla's" blackberry digits, "this celeb's" cell number "that model's" email address...WHAT_E-V-E-R Fool!!! Man, calm it down because you're nothing but proletariat like me...Sheesh. He acts as though I should be impressed and anyone within earshot of his banter should ask further questions about this crap. The only way this guy could really prove he knew who he said he knew is if I never saw him again because he would be in NYC or Hollywood with the movers and shakers...Until then, he still pays rent and drives a used car, but he knows Diddy, he knows Jessica Alba, he knows Suge Knight, he knows several NFL and NBA players..........Sure thing idiot. Keep NameDropping and someone will believe you one day, but not today.....

4 comments:

shqipo said...

Hey man, don't be hatin'. Just because I know all these celbs and you don't, it's not my fault :D

Proletars of the (blog) world, unite!

The D said...

I know a name dropping asshead personally. I always call him out on his name dropping. Pisses me off righteously


Ps, this word verification is bullshite. why cant they just have 3 words? What the hell is nfewrg? Is that a word? I think not! Why dont they just call it "Consonants and maybe a vowel Verification"?

phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

Yeah !!!!

Josue' said...

D,
I feel you...I HATE WV, but I hate spammers more...sorry primo..