2.28.2007

I am what I eat....

Are you? Or, I should say, I smell like what I eat... :p What I am getting at is are there certain foods that you eat that offer certain physiological responses more so than other people? Example 1: You've heard the story of eating asparagus and if you urinate soon (from 1 to 24hrs) after, that it has a really awful scent. Well, I am here to say that I LOVE asparagus, but avoid a bathroom after me at all costs if I consume several spears. It's bad, but it's my biology; I blame my genes. :p Example 2: Garlic. Sheesh....I realy love garlic and eat it weekly, but eating some Lebanese food with garlic paste will immediately begin diffusing from my skin. It's crazy...especially so, since I can actually smell it. It matters not if the garlic is cooked, sliced, minced or pressed, my biology reacts with it and the olfactory sense is stimulated beyond "normal". Example 3: Onions....Ok, you get the point.

Am I an anomaly or as common as the next cat?

4 comments:

The D said...

1: Yes, unless you are Indian and reek of curry, you are a freak.

2: You are overly concerned with your scent. Just take a Puerto Rican Shower. Note: Cologne does not belong on your clothes! This is important. The guy next to me on my plane ride down here smelled like he hosed all his clothes with Axe body spray. Me thinks he did not understand the concept of "body" spray. Every movement of his assaulted my nose.

3: I love the smell of my urine after I have had my morning coffee. Coffee urine has such a unique smell, it would make a great scented candle.

Josue' said...

1. Ha. I don't eat enough curry to test my theory with the other items mentioned...

2. I'm not overly concerned. Just seeing if people have similar reactions. I can actually smell these things myself. Many people are clueless or just don't pay attention to their own person.

3. YOU, my primo, are the freak... :p

shqipo said...

You really need support to tell you YOU'RE AN ANOMALY??

Dave said...

Yes you are a freak. I can eat boatloads of garlic and I don't smell at all. Sweating it out? Really?